M&G Real Estate Limited complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and this Privacy Statement governs only this website (the "Website") which is owned by M&G Real Estate Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales (registered number 3852763) whose registered office is at Laurence Pountney Hill, London, EC4R 0HH. References in this policy to 'us' or 'we' are references to M&G Real Estate Limited and its affiliates/group companies.
The use of, and access to, the pages of the Website are subject to this Privacy Statement below as well as the Terms and Conditions of Use. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of Use and, in relation to the collection and processing of your personal data, by this Privacy Statement.
We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time and such revision will take effect when it is posted on this Website. We therefore encourage you to check this page frequently for posted revisions regarding the way in which we collect and use your personal data.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect certain personal information that you provide to us, such as your name, address and contact details. Here’s how we use it:
• We may share your information with other M&G Group companies, agents and business partners as set out in the registration form.
• We will use your information for the specific purpose that you provided it to us.
• We may use your information for identifying shopping trends and demographics to improve our marketing strategy.
• With your prior agreement we will use your information to provide you with details of promotions and other marketing events via the medium that you have requested.
• We do not sell your personal information to other unrelated companies.
We aim to maintain the reliability, accuracy and completeness of personal data held by us and to protect the privacy and security of our databases. Our servers and databases are protected by industry standard security technology. Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we take all reasonable steps to prevent this from happening.
Please note that other sites to which this Website may be linked are not covered by this Privacy Statement. You acknowledge that your access of such websites will be subject to the relevant third party's terms and conditions and that any information you provide to such third parties may be subject to their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites. In addition, we have no control over how such information is used and, as such, any course of action you have regarding any alleged misuse of such information must be against the relevant third party.
At any time you may ask The Mall for a copy of the personal data held about you. You can send this along with any questions you may have in relation to your personal data to
Send us an email: email@example.com
or write to:
Cribbs Causeway Merchants Association
The Mall at Cribbs Causeway
Call us: 0117 915 5555
In addition to this Privacy Statement there may also be specific and additional terms that apply to certain sections of the Website. We recommend that you review them where they appear. In the unlikely event of any variation as between this Privacy Statement and the specific and additional provisions, the specific and additional provisions will prevail.
The Mall at Cribbs Causeway uses only essential cookies on this Website to track the performance of the Website via Google Analytics. This non-personal data helps us to understand how to improve the Website content for the benefit of all users. When you sign in or register to The Mall at Cribbs Causeway Website, to enter a competition for example, a cookie is set to allow us to identify you as you browse the Website. This cookie does not carry any of your personal data.
If you want to block cookies then you can do this through your browser via the Help function. You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org for further guidance.
Sometimes we use third party websites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to embed photos and video content into our web pages. Pages with this embedded content may set cookies from these websites onto your local device.
When you use one of the social website share buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through.
The Mall at Cribbs Causeway does not control the application of these cookies and so you need to check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. This helps us report and analyse visitor information such as visitor numbers, unique visitors, page views, traffic source and session times. This information helps us to improve our Website and provide relevant information and campaigns. These cookies gather general information and do not store any confidential information.
When you register details on our Website, to enter a competition for example, we set a cookie that contains encrypted codes that allow us to identify you as you browse. These codes do not contain any personal information and are meaningless to anyone else. This 'essential cookie' will be removed by your browser when you close the window, unless you tick the option to allow us to 'remember you' on your next visit, and it must be accepted by your browser in order for you to sign in and use our personalised features.
Our Website does not include any advertising services that would be able to profile you, perform behavioural analysis or use your visit to our Website to deliver targeted advertising. However we do include Facebook, Twitter and other third party social networking tools that may set their own cookies in order to remember who you are and what you've been doing. These services cannot access any of the personal details you have stored with us.
Use of our Website does not require the acceptance of cookies and you will be able to read and view all the information we have if you choose to reject them. Interactive features, such as competition entries and event bookings, will require you to sign in and will require the acceptance of our 'essential cookies' as described above.
Health and Safety Policy Statement for The Mall at Cribbs Causeway, The Venue and The Retail Park
(The Full Health and Safety Policy Document is available from the Management Offices)
1. The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, imposes statutory duties on employers and employees. To enable these statutory duties to be carried out, it is the policy of M&G Real Estate, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that responsibilities for health and safety are properly assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels of the Organisation. As the nominated senior person representing M&G Real Estate on site, I affirm that it is our policy to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all our employees while at work; in addition we accept that we have a duty of care to employees of our facilities management contractors. Furthermore, it is our policy to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of any other persons who may be effected by our work activities such as retail staff, contractors and members of the public. To assist me, I have appointed a Compliance Manager as the on-site Competent Person with regard to health, safety and fire prevention. The full policy document is available from the Management Offices on request.
2. It is my intention, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that:
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work are safe and without risks to health.
- Arrangements for use, handling, storage and transport or articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risks to health.
- Adequate information is available with respect to articles and substances used at work detailing the conditions and precautions necessary to ensure that when properly used they will be safe and without risk to health.
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure the health and safety at work of all employees.
- With regard to any premises under our control or operation on which we are working, the maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment so that they are safe not only to employees and sub-contractors but to any person who may be affected.
- The working environment is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provisions are made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
- The Health and Safety Policy is appraised and updated as and when necessary following liaison with the Compliance Manager and Health and Safety Consultants. Communication of any such changes will be made to all employees. Retailers will be represented via The Mall Safety, Health and Fire Committee.
- The above responsibilities are carried out by Store Managers for the demised parts under their control.
3. I remind all staff that it is the duty of every employee at work:
- To take reasonable steps to protect their health and safety and the health and safety of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with all health and safety arrangements in the workplace, including risk controls, safe systems and personal protective equipment.
- The above duties fall upon all retail staff and contractors carrying out business on the premises.
Commercial Director – January 2014
M&G Real Estate Environmental Policy Statement
Part of the M&G Group
Environmental policy statement
M&G Real Estate acknowledges that as a successful member of the international business community, it has significant responsibilities towards the environment. Within the confines of our fiduciary duties to our client funds, we will ensure that our activities as owners and managers of commercial properties do not, in our judgement, cause harm and, where feasible, actively enhance the environment and the communities they affect.
Recognising that our business activities have both direct and indirect impacts upon the environment, we are committed to managing these environmental impacts in the most effective and responsible manner using our Environmental Management System (EMS) to proactively raise our level of environmental performance. At M&G Real Estate we will endeavour to ensure that our policies actively promote environmental protection, prevent pollution, promote sustainable development, improve legal compliance and minimise energy and water use, and waste generation. We aim to achieve far more than mere passive compliance; we will undertake an improvement programme of positive action by setting annual environmental objectives and targets and by continuously monitoring and reviewing our environmental performance.
We will strive to:
- Prevent pollution.
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and report on progress each year.
- Use energy and water efficiently and seek means of reducing consumption through improved management practice and technological upgrades.
- Observe a policy for environmentally responsible construction.
- Reduce consumption of materials through re-use rather than disposal, wherever possible.
- Promote recycling.
- Develop policies and practices, which raise awareness and encourage and enable our staff and tenants to make a contribution towards achieving environmental improvement.
- Encourage our suppliers of goods and services to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through our procurement policies and practices.
- Work with our external property and facilities managers to drive environmental improvements through the day-to-day operation of our investment properties.
- Take account of environmental considerations as part of our investment process.
- Apply the principles of best environmental practice in the planning, development, refurbishment and decommissioning of our buildings.
- Develop environmental considerations and stewardship into a central pillar of our business strategy.
M&G Real Estate is a signatory of the United Nations Principles of Responsible Investment (UNPRI). Prudential plc is a signatory of the United Nations Environment Programme for Financial Institutions on the Environment and Sustainable Development.
Chief Executive, June 2014
Environmental targets and objectives
As part of a continuous sustainability campaign in partnership with our client and the staff at The Mall at Cribbs Causeway, we have this year developed a series of initiatives in our drive to become carbon neutral.
The following projects have seen The Mall awarded the PAS 99 Standard which encompasses the coveted ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- A reduction in electricity consumption of 23%, brought about by introducing inverters, sensors and zoned car park lighting minimising nocturnal lighting.
- Gas reduced by 29%, achieved by better control of average Mall temperatures, lower hot water temperatures and targeted use of air conditioning.
- Water consumption down by 25.2% through waterless urinals, fountain brominator control, tap sprinklers and reduced water pressure in washrooms.
- Waste recycling doubled to over 60% by streaming and sorting waste from retailers. There are now nine waste streams ranging from cardboard to plastic coat hangers. The greatest impact has been through waste food to energy. Further segregation has been encouraged by training retail staff to take more accountability.
- Water course management of reed beds to reduce river pollution caused by motorway run-off.
- Trees pruned around underground car parks to increase natural lighting.
- Bird boxes made by local schools to encourage local nesting, recognised by a peregrine falcon living on a ledge at The Mall!
- Tree prunings used as mulch to suppress unwanted weeds.
- Building Maintenance
- Retail Park refurbishment including cladding all buildings with silver reflective paint to help reduce the need for air cooling.
Campaign Result - CO2 reduced by 30%