Update your home
It’s a New Year, and as the festive decorations come down, it’s the perfect time to refresh your home for the coming season. Whilst it’s still wintery and cold outside, we can’t wait for the bright colours and floral hues of springtime. If you want to bring a little bit of sunshine in to your home, why not update your living space with any of the amazing homewares we’ve found right here at The Mall. Whether you’re looking to completely redecorate, or perhaps add a splash of colour to your existing room, there is sure to be something to suit every taste and budget.
- A mirror is a fantastic way to add light and space to a room. This lightweight brass style, £59 from Marks and Spencer, brings a touch of deco glam to any wall.
- Cheer up a packed lunch with a brightly coloured lunch box! The pretty citrus colours of this one, £6 from Next, are sure to put a spring in your step, and are the perfect way to transport your healthy meals or snacks from home to the workplace. They’ll also look lovely on the counter when they aren’t in use!
- To add a real impact to a room, why not invest in a chaise? Perfect for lounging in the sunshine for a bit of weekend reading, you can’t fail to feel relaxed as you while away an afternoon with a book and a cup of tea. Malan weave chaise, £429, Marks & Spencer.
- Bring a touch of the seaside to your home with this adorable lobster bottle opener, £15 from Paperchase. Just the thing to get you thinking ahead to your summer break!
Trinkets, organisers and soft furnishings are an easy way to update your living space on a budget. You don’t need to spend a fortune to give your home a new look, either; simply updating key items such as a clock or cushions can be easy ways to change the feel of your space.
- Napkins are a really simple way of updating your dining area. Now that the festive tablewear has been packed away, it’s time to hit refresh – and these Breton striped napkins from White Stuff, £15, with their bright yellow trim are super springlike.
- Get organised with a letter rack. Pop it by the front door to make it easy to sort out your mail in the morning – no more piles of junk mail cluttering up the hallway! This one is part of the Paperchase Get Organised range and costs £9.
- Also from Paperchase, this adorable retro desk bell is sure to add a touch of charm to any room.
- It’ll be time to change the clocks before we know it, so get ahead of the pack with this beautiful brass pendulum clock from Next. Costing £35, it’s a really chic and elegant timepiece that will bring a touch of class to your home for years to come.
Now you've updated your home, how about doing the same to your wardrobe? Check out our tips for new season trends to buy now.